Having a beard is not always low-maintenance, especially if you want to grow a beard out or you battle with coarse facial hair that requires a lot of TLC.
However, that doesn’t mean you should shave it off. What you need to do is get your hands on the best beard grooming kit.
If you are looking for the best beard maintenance kit then checkout our quick summary table below:
What is a beard grooming kit or beard care products, exactly?
It’s a container or pack that has all the necessary items and products you need in order to keep your beard in tip-top shape, such as beard balm, beard oil, brushes, and shampoo.
With that in mind, let’s check out the best beard grooming kit for your favorite men (or yourself!). Let’s start by looking at five kits and their specs.
Let’s now take a closer look at each of these beard grooming kits.
Best Beard Grooming Kit – Reviews & Buying guide for 2021
Best Overall: Fulllight Tech Beard Kit for Men
The FULLLIGHT TECH BEARD KIT FOR MEN is a serious contender for the best beard growth kit. It contains all the most important products you’ll need to keep your beard looking good. It’s especially good to invest in if you’re growing a beard.
This kit contains shampoo, a beard-shaping tool, balm oil and vitamin e, a comb, a boar bristle beard brush and stainless-steel scissors.
The beard wash included in the pack is recommended for use twice a week and contains essential oils as well as vitamins to keep your beard healthy.
The addition of the wooden beard comb and brush make shaping and styling your beard much easier.
The balm conditions your beard while helping you to style it in the way you want.
The presence of both a balm, essential oils and vitamin e in the kit is a nice touch because you can use both. The balm is great for styling your beard because it has a wax-like consistency, while the beard oil keeps the skin and beard hair healthy.
The scissors included in this kit are of a high standard, which shows that this kit is focused on offering quality.
Some people have reported dissatisfaction with how the wooden beard comb doesn’t have a cover on it. After using it, it’s very easy to end up with excess beard balm or beard oil on it.
It comes with a storage bag included.
Additional beard care products include is a Beard Care EBook that you can download. This resource has valuable tips on how to grow your beard as well as how to use the beard products correctly for best results.
This kit is great for people who are just starting out with a beard, as well as people who’ve had beards for a long time. It’s also a fantastic gift idea for a loved one.
Runner Up: Isner Mile Beard Kit for Men, Grooming & Trimming
The Isner Mile Beard Kit for Men, Grooming & Trimming has been gaining popularity in skincare because of how they contain microneedles that boost collagen and elastin production in the skin to keep it healthy.
Now you can have one for your beard! Here’s what you should know about the Isner Mile Beard Kit for Men, Grooming & Trimming
The 100% Boar Bristle Brush is great to distribute oil, improve hair texture and styling. It comes equppied with a Professional Stainless Steel Straight Razor and Beard Shampoo Wash with 100% natural Beard Conditioner Oil.
The Beard Balm Wax is also 100% natural and the Wild Boar Bristles Brush is made from 100% natural bamboo.
Lastly, a pair of Medical-grade Stainless Steel Scissors is included to ensure you have a full grooming kit.
The beard oil is on the small side so may finish very quickly. It comes with an ebook that you may have to request after purchase.
The manufacturer of this states that you can also use it on other areas of your body to stimulate hair growth.
One person who purchased the product stated that he noticed small changes in the volume of his facial hair after just two weeks of using it.
While this beard kit is a good product to use to maintain your beard and keep it healthy, it’s especially useful if you’re trying to grow your beard.
Alternative: Proraso Wood and Spice Beard Care Tin
This PRORASO WOOD AND SPICE BEARD CARE TIN is a sophisticated product and has been marked as the best beard care kit by many reviews. It even comes with a stylish tin filled with beard goodies! Let’s take a look at what’s inside.
You get three products in this beard grooming tin: a face wash, a beard balm, and a beard oil.
All the products have a delectable fragrance blend of wood and spice.
This is a professional kit of beard products that makes use of natural ingredients, such as avocado oil and sunflower seed oil with essential oils and vitamin e.
The beard oil comes with a dropper that you use to apply it to your beard, but some people who have purchased this beard grooming kit have stated that the dropper doesn’t work effectively to give them enough of the product.
People who have purchased this kit have stated that it smells very good and lasts all day long.
This beard grooming tin is quite expensive but it contains all the products you need no matter what kind of beard you have, all in a collectable tin that will look great in your bathroom. It has impeccable reviews for the best beard care kit available right now.
Alternative: The Art of Shaving Full Size Kit
THE ART OF SHAVING FULL-SIZE KIT is a unique bit of kit. Maybe you want to find a beard grooming kit that is more focused on helping you get the perfect shave. If so, this pack is for you.
This stylish red and black mens beard grooming kit comes with a pre-shave oil, a shaving cream, a brush, and an after-shave balm. You get all the basic essentials you need to perfect your shave in one kit.
The pre-shave oil helps to create a much smoother shave by making it easier for your razor to eliminate facial hair.
Once you are done with shaving, use the after-shave balm. This helps to lock in moisture in your skin so that it can stay smooth and soft, while keeping dryness at bay.
By far, the biggest drawback of this shaving kit is its price, as some users have stated that it’s overpriced.
This product kit has a sandalwood scent. If you want something without fragrance, such as if you have sensitive skin, you can choose the unscented product kit instead for the same price.
Although that this shaving kit might sound quite expensive, it is a quality kit.
Alternative 3: ZEUS Deluxe Beard Grooming Kit
The ZEUS DELUXE BEARD GROOMING KIT is a trendy black mens beard grooming kit comes with a lot of interesting products to make your beard grooming so much more enjoyable.
This kit comes with a beard shampoo, a beard conditioner, a beard oil, and a brush. The brush is a really nice addition because it’s made of 100-percent boar bristle beard brush, which is flexible and soft enough to tame unruly facial hair.
The beard shampoo is a must to use to clean and hydrate your beard, as well as remove products that you’ve used on it. It contains a blend of natural ingredients to soothe and soften your beard, such as chamomile and green tea.
The beard conditioner is great for moisturizing your beard, thanks to its aloe vera and pro-vitamin B5 ingredients.
To further soften your beard, use the beard oil that contains verbena lime to treat and prevent conditions such as dandruff.
It contains ingredients such as Moroccan argan oil to add shine, and Chilean-sourced grape seed oil to boost circulation as well as keep your skin soothed.
The products in this kit have a sandalwood scent, which some people have said is a bit too strong and overpowering. That’s something to bear in mind if you’re sensitive to smells, especially because it’s going to be in your beard.
The brush in this kit has a grooved handle that is also warp-resistant if left in moist conditions. This makes it very durable and long-lasting.
This Zeus grooming kit is a bit cheaper than the previous kit we’ve featured, and its products make it worth purchasing. This is mostly because of their natural ingredients that help you achieve a softer, tamer beard that looks its best.
Beard Grooming Kit FAQ
When it comes to growing, maintaining, and styling your beard, you might have some questions. Let’s look at common ones as well as important information to know about beard grooming kits.
What is in a beard grooming kit?
A beard care kit is a pack or container that has all the products you need in order to keep your beard looking great.
The emphasis of beard care kits is on providing products that will look after your facial hair, such as beard oil and beard balm to soften it and encourage hair growth.
Usually, the best beard kit for men will contain at least one, if not both, of these products, as well as other beard grooming essentials, such as a comb or brush.
However, a quality beard care kit will go the extra mile, such as by providing more items so that you have everything you need to tame and maintain your beard in one pack.
Examples of such extras include high-quality scissors to help you trim your beard.
There are different beard grooming kits available, depending on what you’re looking for. For example, you can find a beard shaving kit, such as The Art of Shaving Full Size Kit, that has everything you need to get the perfect shave.
For people who are focused on improving the skin underneath their beards, there are beard grooming kits such as YouCopia Derma Roller For Beard Growth, that contains a derma roller and skin-boosting serum.
How do I groom my beard?
You can’t avoid grooming your beard. If you do, your beard won’t have healthy hair and it will look dry or the skin underneath it will show signs of dandruff or irritation.
It’s essential to give your beard daily TLC. If you’re wondering how to go about it, here are the steps to follow.
- When growing your beard, make sure you’re patient with it. Ideally, you should leave it alone for about four weeks without trimming or styling it, so that the hair can grow. That said, you should still look after it by cleaning it.
- Wash your beard daily. If you don’t remove dirt and dead skin cells in your beard, these can stunt its growth and make it look unhealthy. Wash your beard with a gentle cleanser, whether it’s starting to grow or you’ve had it for a while.
- Follow up with a conditioner. Although this might not seem important, conditioning your beard will ensure that the hair remains soft and smooth. When it’s in this state, it will be easier to style.
- Apply a balm or oil. These will hydrate your beard and keep it moisturized, which is important. However, a beard balm is especially good to use on your beard if you want to have better hold.
- Brush it. Whether you use a comb or brush, make sure you use it on your beard daily to prevent stubborn hairs from forming that can make your beard look untidy. It’s all about smoothing your beard and also training your hair to grow in the direction you want.
Tips for beard grooming
Now that we’ve featured the essential tips you need to follow to groom your beard, there are some extra tips to know about. Here’s a rundown of some of the most important ones.
- Be careful when using beard oil. If you use too much, it can cause your beard to become greasy or too shiny. Pour only a few drops into your hands and then massage them into your beard. Evenly spread the oil through your beard, taking care to also moisturize the skin underneath it.
- When applying a beard balm, bear in mind that it has the consistency of wax so you need to rub it between your hands so that it becomes softer and easier to massage through your beard.
- Use a brush when trimming. Every few weeks you might have to trim your beard a little to maintain its shape. Cut any uneven patches or loose ends, and always make sure you’re following your face’s natural shape and contours. It’s a must to first brush your beard so that you can see where you need to snip away loose or unruly hairs.
- Invest in a boar brush. The boar bristle beard brush has bristles that are made from wild boar hair. Since its bristles are soft, they’re gentle enough to use on your beard. This brush will help you better style and tame your beard. It’s also great for untangling any hairs in your beard so that they can lie in a straighter fashion.
How do you tame a frizzy beard?
Is there anything worse than a frizzy beard?
It’s hard to manage and tame, but it doesn’t mean that you have to shave it off. Here are some easy ways to get your frizzy beard under control.
- Reach for beard oil. Get into the habit of applying beard oil to your beard on a daily basis. This will soften the hair and hydrate it so that it’s not dry – hair becomes frizzy when it lacks moisture.
- Condition it. It’s not enough to use a beard shampoo – make sure you follow up with a conditioner to smooth the hair strands and provide an extra boost of moisture.
- Use balm. Another important beard product to use to condition your beard is a balm. Apply it in the mornings so that it can hydrate your beard throughout the day, while also making it easier to style.
- Avoid hot showers. The heat from the water can dry out your beard, so make sure to avoid showering for too long under very hot water.
- Don’t neglect your skin. If you only take care of your frizzy beard but pay no attention to the skin on your face from which it’s sprouting, you can cause problems such as dryness and “beardruff”, both of which can contribute to a frizzy beard. When applying beard oil, make sure you also apply it to your skin.
- Finally, trim your beard regularly to freshen it up and eliminate wiry, unruly hair that can exacerbate the frizz. This also prevents split ends that can make your beard become untidy.
If you have a beard, you need to look after it. Beard kits can really help by giving you all the things you need to treat your beard to some TLC and keep it looking good.
In this article, we’ve looked at the best beard grooming kit, followed by four beard kit alternatives, so you can get the products and tools you need to look after and style your facial hair.